THE SHERWOOD FOREST ASSOCIATION
Sherwood is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
Sherwood Forest has two active organizations: The Sherwood Forest Association and the Sherwood Forest Patrol. Residents are urged to join both groups, as both are vital to the well-being of our community.
Becoming a member of the Sherwood Forest Association is easy, just click here for details.
Here are just some of the ways your membership dollars will work everyday to make our neighborhood a better place to live.
We use annual dues:
- To communicate via the Tattler, the This Old House list and the business directory
- To sponsor a reforestation program to assure that our “forest” never lacks for trees
- To maintain our small parks
- To host an annual potluck supper and membership meeting
- To provide street snow removal in winter
- To pay for “Meet and Greets,” jazz concerts in the park and parties for children
- To make sure every new neighbor is greeted by our welcoming committee with a basket of the world’s best pastries and written information about the neighborhood
- To monitor real estate practices and keep a list of houses for sale and their selling prices
- To work with various city departments to assure that we receive adequate city services
- To enforce Sherwood Forest property restrictions, city zoning ordinances and historic district requirements
- To act as the liaison to our private security service
- To form coalitions with surrounding neighborhoods